Can I stop by to check out the facility and talk to a coach?
Whats the SCCF facility like?
South Charlotte CrossFit has one of the most comprehensive, functional fitness training facilities available. We have over 9,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 3,000+ sq. ft. of outdoor training space, 30′ high ceiling, Large bay doors to let the day in, 2 showers, 2 bathrooms, 50′ of pull up rig, 12 Concept 2 Rowers, 10 Schwinn Air Dynes, dozens of barbells, kettlebells, climbing ropes, mobility tools, thousands of pounds of bumper plates, the best coaching staff and an awesome family of athletes!
Can I start now?
Absolutely. Below is our SCCF training progression for all new members. Use caution with any gym that doesn’t treat your athletic development with the same level of commitment and design we do. E-mail with any questions at email@example.com
- Fundamentals 1 & 2– Two small group one hour sessions covering the most basic CrossFit movements. The goal of these sessions is to introduce new members to our unique coaching style, the proper mechanics of these movements and develop a foundation of safe motor patterns. Mandatory for all new members.
- Level 1 Programming- Upon completion of Fundamentals 1 & 2, new members will enter group classes and follow the Level 1 programming. This mandatory programming step is designed to develop absolute strength and an aerobic base over a 3-6 month period. It is critical to develop absolute strength, body awareness, muscle memory and the ability to safely move external loads, prior to the introduction of more dynamic and complex movements (clean, snatch, kipping). As with all SCCF classes, coaches will provide a variety of scaling options for ALL ability levels. Only highly experienced CF athletes can skip directly to Level 2 programming.
- Olympic Lifting Foundations- Olympic Lifting Foundations- In order to graduate to Level 2, athletes must complete a 2 week Olympic Lifting foundations class. This is an amazing opportunity for all members to learn and develop Olympic Lifting skills.
- Level 2 Programming- Once athletes arrive at Level 2 they will have a solid strength and aerobic base. Athletes will have fair neurological understanding of how to move external loads safely and dynamically. As with all SCCF classes, coaches will still provide a variety of scaling options for this group.
- SCCF Competition Team-At South Charlotte CrossFit, we offer a number of high level competitive program designs to prepare experienced CrossFit athletes for the demands of the CrossFit Open, Regionals and Games. Our co-owner, Competition Team coach and lead programmer, Jeremy McDonnell, has over 9 years of CrossFit experience and an extensive international athletic history as a competitive swimmer and coach. If you are interested in this option, please e-mail Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is the training progression so long?
Safety, performance and quality. Following our specific training progression will allow enough time and coaching to adequately develop the skills to lift safely, improve performance and ultimately see more quality in your level of fitness. No shortcuts.
Do I need to reserve classes?
New members and drop-ins, NO.
All members Yes. All members are required to register for classes through our Front Desk tracking system. Once you’ve attended both of your fundamentals classes and have registered for your first class, show up 20 mins early to complete the warm-up and you’re good to go. See our class schedule or please contact us for more information.
I haven’t done CrossFit before, will I die, do I need to get in shape first?
No. Our SCCF training progression is designed to help ease you into the CrossFit world, as you progress through, all of our normal WODs will be scaled to anyone’s ability. If you can’t do part/all of a WOD, coaches will modify accordingly, that’s what we’re here for!